Laguna Niguel Roof Repair Experts
Tile Roof Leak Repair Company
Almost of the homes in Laguna Niguel are roofed with some sort of concrete tile roofing. Because tile roofs are difficult to walk on it is important to find a tile roofing specialist to repair and maintenance your roof. South County Roofing is that company.
We are a tile roofing repair and replacement contractor that specializes in: concrete tiles, Spanish tile roofing, light weight ceramic roofs, and clay tile roof repairs. Because we are a roof repair specialist South County Roofing should be your first call when needing a roofing contractor in the Laguna Niguel area.
Licensed Laguna Hills Roof Maintenance Company
Before you even call a Laguna Hills roofer, you need to make sure they have the proper license and insurance. Your home is the most important asset and it should be protected at all times. This means making sure the roofing contractor is licensed with the Contractors State License Board and insured with both Worker’s Compensation and General Liability.
South County Roofing carries all the insurance you will need so that you can rest at ease knowing they are the right company for your roof repair needs.
Laguna Niguel Broken Roofing Tiles Can Be Repaired and Replaced
Repairing broken roofing tiles is something we do every day. This means we have a lot of experience in this area of roof maintenance. It is very easy for a contractor to cause some damage to your tile roof when removing a broken roofing tile. Some mistakes we commonly see when we inspect roofs that have had tiles already repaired are:
- Roof tiles that are glued and not replaced
- Using replacement roofing tiles that are not a good color match or the proper type
- Poor quality sealants used to glue roof tile in place
- Failure to repair or replace all broken pieces
- Leaving broken pieces of roofing on the roof or stuff the broken tiles under the roof
These are just some of the mistakes we commonly see when inspecting roofs in the Laguna Niguel area and the surrounding cities like Lake Forest and Irvine.
Laguna Beach Roof Flashing Repairs and Roof Leaks
Roof flashings are pieces of metal that helps keep water from getting under your tile roof and keeps water out of your home. They are installed in high water traffic area and used to divert water away from a chimney or skylight and make sure the water doesn’t get under the roof at these areas.
It is critical that all of your roof flashing is thoroughly checked for proper installation and to even make sure they are installed at all. Things we look for:
- Proper sized roof flashings at all vertical side, front, and rear walls.
- Check to make sure the sealant used for corners and flashing junctions is not cracked or worn.
- Valley and tile pan flashing is installed to divert water back on top of the roofing tiles.
- Proper fabrication techniques are used to promote functionality of roof flashing.
- Storm collars and caps are in place and not broken, damaged, or in many cases missing.
- Flashings need to be checked for rust when the home is located near the coast.
- They are many applications for roof flashing and you can rest assured that when we check or inspect your roof, we will go look at every one and make sure that is it okay. If we see something wrong, we will bring it to your attention and go over a correction with you if needed.
Roof Leak Repair and Detection for Laguna Niguel Home Owner’s
The last thing you want to see inside your home is water damage to the ceiling, walls, or flooring. When this happens you may be tempted to reach out to any contractor that can get out to your home the fastest.
But that may not always be the best thing to do. Having the wrong contractor advise you on what you need to do to stop the water damage can be a complete waste of time and money.
If you like to be proactive and save money here’s some tips you can do immediately before spending money on a contractor.
If you have a spot on you ceiling and you can get access to the attic space above it you have some options. It is safe and easy to go up into the attic with a flash light and large bowl. Using the flash light to spot the water entry point you can make you way over to where the drip is and place a bowl directly under. This will buy you some time and is a very smart thing to do.
If you don’t have access to your attic and you ceiling is low enough for you to reach by simply standing on a chair or using a small step ladder you can try poking a small hole in the ceiling and draining into a bowl or pan. Wet dry can be penetrated with a small steak knife or sometimes a writing pen.
This will allow excess water to drain into a bowl or small trash can and this will keep the leak from spreading out on your ceiling.
If you have a leak on a wall (not a ceiling) then this is a little harder to do something about but, not impossible. All you need is a little duct tape and some thin plastic. What you going to do is use the tape to adhere the plastic to the wall where the water is running. Then you have to shape the plastic to make a slide to divert the water into a bowl or trash can.
Here are a couple of tips before you attempt this:
- Dry the wall a little bit with a towel before applying the tape.
- Use the thinnest plastic you can buy from Home Depot or Lowe’s. Plastic thickness is measure in “Mils” and you should look for 2 mil or under. Painter’s plastic will do and get the smallest roll you can buy. Small rolls of thin plastic are usually a couple of dollars.
- Use a fan to direct air onto the wall to help dry the area as much as possible.
- Using these tips will make an emergency into to manageable crises and give you a little time to find the right roofer for you. Hopefully that will be us.
After you have done all of the above you can call the Laguna Niguel Roof Repair experts at 949-597-0192 and leave the rest to us.